If it seems like you just can’t get the screen bright enough, try this:
The problem is due to Adaptive Brightness.
This is what you need to do if the screen does not go past a certain brightness level on Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Go to the Start bar on the Desktop and move your mouse all the way to the right to find the Battery icon.
- Click the battery icon. A little popup box should show up. Click “More Power Options”
- Select your plan and click “Change Plan Settings”
- Click “Change Advanced Power Settings”
- Scroll down to Display and click the little + sign next to it.
- Scroll down to “Enable Adaptive Brightness” and click the little + sign next to it.
- Change “On Battery” and “Plugged In” to make sure it is Off for both of them.